Transport for London All Stars ProjectBack
TRANSPORT FPR LONDON ALL STARS Project
A select group of KS3 students, our TFL STARS Challenge Leaders are working with Transport for London to deliver a special project for everyone at Gaynes School to get involved with.
The main aims of this project are:
- To promote safe and responsible travel on the 370 bus as well as other TFL public transport services.
- To encourage active and sustainable travel such as walking and cycling.
To date our TFL STARS have been responsible for:
- Launching the project in assemblies for all year groups
- Travel notice board – Setting and updating regularly our Travel notice board
- Taking part in training opportunities and workshops on presentation skills, road safety and active travel preparation
- Attending the Travel Group meeting and feeding back finding to tutor groups
- Launching Road Safety Week in a second assembly to all year groups
- All students made a pledge as part of road safety week. TFL STARS ensured all pledges were displayed on our pledge wall for all to be celebrated.
Active Travel Week: Monday 23rd May – Friday 27th May
- Assembly to launch Active Travel Week
- Creating an Active Travel Map with identified locations where students can be dropped off safely to walk.
- Step count challenge – Steps will be counted every morning. Prizes earned for those who walk the most.