Library Opening Times
Monday – Friday:
Mrs L. C. Farmer
Mrs L. Cruse
Snr. LRC Assistant
Mrs S. Fancuilli B25
A.M / P.M Support
Reading for Learning and Leisure.
Feel free to visit the LRC where you can explore and discover what we have to offer! You will receive a warm welcome and find plenty of great resources to encourage you to use our department regularly. Visit us and enjoy our extensive range of books, use the computer suite, browse careers information or to complete your homework. The department is open before and after school for study, reading, research, relaxation and meeting friends.
Please explore our web pages where you will find a wide range of web links and ideas to support GCSE coursework, revision, research, KS3 literacy reading and reading for pleasure.
- To encourage and support reading for study and leisure.
- To provide resources for the taught curriculum and a broad knowledge base.
- To stimulate ideas in cross-
curricular issues, culture and citizenship.
- To provide students with the facilities to investigate and make use of flexible learning techniques.
- To encourage all students to become independent learners using a wide variety of sources.
- To support the development of Information Literacy skills.
- To provide a wide variety of learning resources.
- To afford the maximum opportunity for all pupils to achieve their potential.
- To provide an atmosphere within the LRC that is both inviting and welcoming.
Mrs Farmer works with teachers and students to support and develop whole school literacy, reading and research skills and is always available to assist students in making Option & Career choices.
Gaynes LRC offers an open-